Over 21 years after the Institute was established, and slightly less than that since it launched its Bydgoszcz office, the construction commenced in 2018 came to an end: the staff finally have their own, and, more importantly, fully functional headquarters in the city. So far, the rooms that the office has been renting in two locations were cramped and, technically, did not meet the needs of users (neither partners nor employees) because in such conditions, the scale and scope of educational and research activity were severely limited. With the new building, it is about to change.
The new facility has a large conference room and several smaller rooms for educational use. Spacious foyers and the surroundings make for very good exhibition venues, and the in-house bookstore offers display opportunities unmatched by any other branch of the Institute. Stakeholders and partners of the IPN’s divisions will also find much better conditions in the new building: the reading room, properly communicated with the large archival storage, will surely meet the requirements of all historians interested in the history of Poland in the 20th century.
14 July agenda:
- the ribbon-cutting ceremony
- greeting the visitors
- speeches by Tomasz Ceran and Mirosław Sprenger of the IPN Bydgoszcz Historical Resarch Office and National Education Office, respectively; promotion of Occupied Cinema. Wartime Stories and Attitudes of Polish Filmmakers 1939-1945 by Bartosz Januszewski of the National Education Office in Gdańsk.
- a performance
- a tour of the new building
The event will be accompanied by the presentation of the IPN's exibitions, displayed both in the foyer and outside the building.